Toucans Mostly Mexican Cafe' Spinach and Artichoke Quesadillas
1 pkg chopped frozen Spinach (drained well) 1 1/2 cups chopped Onion 8 oz. Cream Cheese (softened) 1 10 oz. can quartered Artichoke Hearts 1 1/2 tsp. Pepper 1 1/2 tsp. Salt 1 tbs. chopped Garlic 1/4 cup Butter 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack and Cheddar Cheese blend 6" Flour Tortillas
1) Heat the butter in skillet, and saute' onions until they are soft. Add the garlic, salt, pepper. After they are blended, turn down the heat to low and add the cream cheese. Mix well.
2) Add the spinach, and stir, then add the artichoke hearts. Set mixture aside.
3) Heat a large skillet or flat griddle to medium. Place the tortillas open face on the skillet, and sprinkle a small amount of shredded cheese on the tortilla. As the cheese starts to melt, spoon spinach and artichoke mixture on to one half.
4) Fold the tortilla in half squeezing gently to spread the mixture. Cook on one side until the tortilla starts to crisp, then flip over to finish the other side.
5) Serve with your favorite salsa or chopped tomatoes and salsa.