SAUCIER, MS (WLOX) - A Saucier woman is picking up the pieces after her home caught fire early Tuesday morning.
Around 7am, Sue Delaneo was asleep on the couch inside her manufactured home when she woke up to the smell of smoke. She made it safely out with no injuries, but her home was destroyed.
"This again is one of those situations where we encourage people to have smoke detectors," Harrison County Fire Marshal Pat Sullivan said. "There were no smoke detectors in this particular trailer. And hopefully if someone has a fire and they have smoke detectors, that early warning will make the fire so small when its discovered that they can put it out or get them out so they aren't injured."
The victim's aunt, Tresea Allen said, "I am blessed and praising God that she made it through the storm. And that's what I call it a storm. And she's going to pull through it. And I just ask the community of Saucier and all around the area to reach out and help when someone's in need."
If you would like to help Sue Delaneo, you can call (228) 669-0739.