Bedroom fire leaves 11 people homeless - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

Bedroom fire leaves 11 people homeless

HARRISON COUNTY, MS (WLOX) -

WLOX.com has learned that a late afternoon fire in Lizana ripped through two bedrooms in a single wide trailer.  Volunteer fire teams prevented the fire from spreading through the rest of the structure.

However, because of the smoke damage, the 11 people living at that residence are temporarily homeless, and about to get assistance from the American Red Cross.

The trailer was on Nellis Road in the Lizana community.  We're told four people were home when flames began shooting through the bedrooms.  They all got out safely.  A family dog was trapped inside the burning building.  But it was rescued and taken to a vet's office.

Patricia Howard is the owner of the trailer. Howard's daughter Victoria Padgett said her and her family don't know where they will sleep tonight after losing their home and everything inside the trailer.

To make a donation call Victoria Padgett 228-234-8765 or call Harriet Howard at 228-669-6208.

Copyright 2011 WLOX. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly