WLOX News has launched new apps for iPhone and Android devices.
Our new apps, launched in the app store and market in July 2011, feature more news content, more video and a display that can be tailored to your preferences.
When you download the new WLOX News app, you will instantly notice there are many more stories on the home page. Click on one of the stories and you will easily be able to share a story you like via email, Facebook, Twitter or even Google Plus. You can also save a story in your "My View" section, so you can view it later.
Our Weather section has been streamlined for easy use. Inside, you can get the forecast for the next 10 days in just one click, along with radar images from the WLOX 24/7 Weather team.
In our "More" section, you'll find sports news and scores, headlines from around the state and region, and information on guests or recipes you may have seen on our popular morning and afternoon newscasts, Good Morning Mississippi and The 4 O'Clock Show.
If you love video, the new WLOX News app has a lot for you to love. Inside the section, we have our latest news, weather and sports video
If you see news, send it in using our new My Report feature. Just snap your photo or video and send it in under the contribute tab. You can also browse all of the photos our viewers have sent in under the Community Gallery.
You can download the app right now by clicking the links below.
This is a whole new app - not an update - so your will need to delete your old WLOX News app.
Here are answers to some Frequently Asked Questions:
1) What happens to the old WLOX app? That app is going away at the end of July. You need to download and install this new free app to continue to receive breaking news notifications from WLOX News.
2) Will the new app automatically replace the old app? No. You must download and install this new app. You are welcome to delete the old app at any time.
3) Why do the stories not refresh when I reopen the app? The app does not automatically refresh when you reopen it. To refresh the story listings on the app, pull the screen down (like you do with the Facebook app) until the screen begins to refresh. You can also manually close the app and relaunch it.
4) Is there an iPad app? No, not yet. We are working on that and hope to have something available later this year.
5) What about an app for Blackberry? We are working on that and hope to have something ready in the near future.
6) What about an app for Windows mobile devices? At this time, we do not have plans to make an app for Windows mobile devices.
Tuesday, September 2 2014 2:22 PM EDT2014-09-02 18:22:45 GMT
The Mississippi Highway Patrol has issued an Amber Alert for 17-year-old Katelyn Beard. She was abducted Saturday morning from between 6:00 a.m. and 7:00 a.m. from 4244 Lynda Street in Jackson. BeardMore >>
Katelyn Beard's body was found during a search by local law enforcement Tuesday morning. More >>
Tuesday, September 2 2014 5:28 PM EDT2014-09-02 21:28:36 GMT
The search is over for the missing Mississippi 17-year-old at the center of the weekend Amber Alert. Katelyn Beard's body was found Tuesday before noon, off of Darden road, near the scene of a morningMore >>
The coroner said her body had been dumped for at least two days, and she was shot in the head.More >>
Tuesday, September 2 2014 4:50 PM EDT2014-09-02 20:50:53 GMT
Firefighters are working a fatal fire at a home located at 507 Vancleave Avenue in Ocean Springs Tuesday afternoon. Officials say at least one person is confirmed dead. WLOX News crews are on the scene.More >>
Firefighters are working a fatal fire at a home located at 507 Vancleave Avenue in Ocean Springs Tuesday afternoon.More >>