Sterger on Favre: 'I've never met him' - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

Sterger on Favre: 'I've never met him'

New revelations have surfaced in the Brett Favre sexting controversy.  And they come from the woman at the center of the controversy.

Jenn Sterger allegedly received racy text messages from Favre the year he played for the New York Jets.  Sterger appeared on Good Morning America Tuesday morning.  And for the first time, she shared details about what she says happened between the football star, and the Jets gameday host.

"He was like that guy at the bar and couldn't get the hint," Sterger told GMA's George Stephanopoulos.

Sterger was 25 at the time, a model who landed a job on the New York Jets sidelines. 

She said the first time she learned about Favre was during the 2008 pre-season, when somebody with the Jets approached her and wondered, "How would you feel if Brett Favre asked for your phone number."

Sterger says she never gave Favre the number.  Yet she got text messages, voice mails and photos reportedly from the quarterback.  "It wasn't flattering.  He's married.  And more than anything, I felt it was intimidating."

Sterger ends the interview by telling Stephanopoulos a detail that the interviewer admitted caught him off guard.  "I've never met him," said Sterger.  "We've never met.  There has never been an introduction.  I've never met the man." 

The allegations against Favre were investigated by the National Football League.  He was never punished for violating the league's personal conduct policy.  However, Favre was fined $50,000 for failing to cooperate with the investigation.

Sterger says the 2008 situation turned her life "upside down.  How are you supposed to report on the news when you are the news."

Friends urged her to remain quiet, so she could keep her job with the Jets.  The GMA interview was her first since these revelations surfaced.  "I still don't want anything to do with it now," she said.  "This has nothing to do with Brett Favre.  I just want people to know me.  I'm not a gold digger and I'm not a home wrecker."

WLOX News sent an email Monday to a representative of the Favre Fourward Foundation, hoping to get a comment from the quarterback about the GMA story.  But so far, our email has not been answered.

ABC News will air more from Jenn Sterger on Nightline, and on Wednesday's Good Morning America.

Copyright 2011 WLOX. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly