Woolmarket family loses home to fire - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

Woolmarket family loses home to fire

WOOLMARKET, MS (WLOX) -

WOOLMARKET, MS (WLOX) - A Woolmarket couple burning leaves Thursday afternoon ended up setting their home on fire.

According to Harrison County Fire Marshal George Mixon, the man and woman were burning leaves in the yard, but the fire spread to the trailer. They tried fighting the blaze with a garden hose, but it quickly got out of control and engulfed the home.

Bryan Cuevas sent some home video to WLOX News which shows firefighters battling the massive flames. It took those crews about 30 minutes to bring the fire under control.

The man was treated at the scene for minor smoke inhalation. The family has been referred to the Red Cross for assistance.

Copyright 2010 WLOX. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly