Redding House back in business in downtown Biloxi - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

Redding House back in business in downtown Biloxi

BILOXI, MS (WLOX) -

BILOXI, MS (WLOX) - A historic Biloxi venue, The Redding House, is once again welcoming guests thanks to a meticulous restoration.

The Colonial Revival style home was built in 1908 by Charles Redding. In 1984, the house was placed on the National Register of Historic Places.

The current owner, Dr. Robert Stroble, purchased the property in 2005. At a time when Biloxi had already lost so much history to Hurricane Katrina, this home was brought back to life. Today, the newly refurbished Redding House is a fully functioning event venue available for private parties, weddings and corporate events.

"This venue has it all," said Julie Umbdenstock, one of the proprietors. "We can accommodate up to 200 guests, have a fully equipped kitchen for onsite catering, and are centrally located in downtown Biloxi."

Wednesday, Umbdenstock, Dr. Stroble and another proprietor, Suzanne Guice, will host a ceremony to officially reopen the Redding House.

"This endeavor has always been something I have dreamed about," said Guice, "Preserving The Redding House's unique history with its rich architectural details makes this venture even more rewarding."

You can learn more about the history of The Redding House, or how to book the venue for a event by visiting thereddinghouse.com.

Copyright 2010 WLOX. All rights reserved.

  • NEWSMore>>

  • Jackson Co. man charged with child's death appears in court

    Jackson Co. man charged with child's death appears in court

    Thursday, February 22 2018 1:00 PM EST2018-02-22 18:00:32 GMT
    A man accused of killing his girlfriend's 7-month-old son made his first court appearance Thursday. Michael Harris, 27, is charged with capital murder.  (Photo source: WLOX)A man accused of killing his girlfriend's 7-month-old son made his first court appearance Thursday. Michael Harris, 27, is charged with capital murder. (Photo source: WLOX)
    A man accused of killing his girlfriend's 7-month-old son made his first court appearance Thursday. Michael Harris, 27, is charged with capital murder.  (Photo source: WLOX)A man accused of killing his girlfriend's 7-month-old son made his first court appearance Thursday. Michael Harris, 27, is charged with capital murder. (Photo source: WLOX)

    A man accused of killing his girlfriend's 7-month-old son made his first court appearance Thursday. Michael Harris, 27, was charged with capital murder Thursday after Tanner Cowart died at USA Medical Center in Mobile.

    More >>

    A man accused of killing his girlfriend's 7-month-old son made his first court appearance Thursday. Michael Harris, 27, was charged with capital murder Thursday after Tanner Cowart died at USA Medical Center in Mobile.

    More >>
  • Stone Middle School student charged with cyberstalking

    Stone Middle School student charged with cyberstalking

    Thursday, February 22 2018 11:17 AM EST2018-02-22 16:17:12 GMT

    A 15-year-old student at Stone Middle School will be charged with cyberstalking in connection with a threat on social media. And the district attorney is considering whether to charge him as an adult. 

    More >>

    A 15-year-old student at Stone Middle School will be charged with cyberstalking in connection with a threat on social media. And the district attorney is considering whether to charge him as an adult. 

    More >>
  • Hancock County officials investigating middle school threat

    Hancock County officials investigating middle school threat

    Thursday, February 22 2018 11:16 AM EST2018-02-22 16:16:03 GMT
    School leaders in Hancock County say they've identified the student who made the threat, taken the child into custody for questioning and say no weapon was ever found.  (Photo source: WLOX)School leaders in Hancock County say they've identified the student who made the threat, taken the child into custody for questioning and say no weapon was ever found.  (Photo source: WLOX)

    School leaders in Hancock County are investigating a threat of a school shooting at Hancock Middle School. So far they've identified the student who made the threat, taken the child into custody for questioning and say no weapon was ever found. 

    More >>

    School leaders in Hancock County are investigating a threat of a school shooting at Hancock Middle School. So far they've identified the student who made the threat, taken the child into custody for questioning and say no weapon was ever found. 

    More >>
Powered by Frankly