SOUTH MISSISSIPPI (WLOX) - Ghosts and goblins can have two days of spooky fun if they plan ahead. With Halloween being on a Sunday this year, some communities are celebrating on Saturday, and some on Sunday.
Biloxi and Gulfport City Hall told us, Halloween is Halloween, so trick or treating will be on Sunday. Other cities celebrating on Sunday include Pass Christian, Harrison County, Poplarville, Bay St. Louis and Waveland.
Leaders in Ocean Springs, Lucedale, George County, Moss Point, Pascagoula, Jackson County, Gautier and Picayune are encouraging folks to trick or treat on Saturday.
Ocean Springs and D'Iberville will host community festivities on Saturday the 30th.
D'Iberville's Trunk or Treat, Haunted House and Chili Cook off will take place Saturday from 6pm-until at the Bobby Eleuterius Recreational Field. There is a $30 entry fee to participate in the cook off. To enter, call (228) 297-0135.
Ocean Springs will have a Halloween Costume Contest and Trick or Treat Down the Street in downtown Saturday at 4pm at the Mary C. O'Keefe Cultural Center. There is a $5 contest entry fee. Ocean Springs' traditional Trick or Treat Down the Street will take place from 6 – 8 p.m. in downtown on Saturday, October 30th.
Here are a few more events taking place across South Mississippi:
Ghouls Gone Wild
- Friday 7p.m. - 12a.m.
- Lyman Community Center
- 13472 Highway 49, Gulfport
- For Tickets Call (228) 297-6304
Trunk or Treat!
- Friday 5p.m. - 7p.m.
- Downtown Pascagoula
- (228) 938-6604
- Saturday 6p.m.
- D'Iberville Sports Complex
- Broadie Road
- (228) 392-2293
Old Town Fall Fest & Jammin' Jambalaya Cook Off!
- 10a.m. - until
- Barktoberfest 11a.m. - 2p.m.
- Downtown Bay St. Louis
- For More Info Call (228) 216-9045
Fishing for Catfish Kids Day
- Registration 7:30a.m.
- Tournament 9a.m. - 11a.m.
- Hiller Park
- 380 Hiller Drive, Biloxi
- For More Info Call (228) 435-6296
Ghosts, Goblins & Chariots Car Show
- Saturday 9a.m. - 5p.m.
- Hardy Court Shopping Center
- Pass Road & Courthouse Road, Gulfport
- For More Info Call (228) 388-1880
Trail of Terror
- Saturday 7p.m. - 11p.m.
- 3200 Payne Road, Hurley
- For Info Call (228) 588-3934 or (228) 369-8296
- Adults $10 Children $5
- $2 Discount on Adults with donation of 2 cans of food
- Saturday & Sunday
- 7p.m. - 12a.m.
- Park at Saucier Elementary
- 24052 First Street, Saucier
- For More Info Call (228) 868-8686
Cedar Rest Cemetery Tour
- Sunday 5:30p.m. - 8p.m.
- 2nd Street, Bay St. Louis
- Refreshments to follow at The Kate Lobrano House
- For More Info Call (228) 467-4090
And don't forget to upload your Halloween pictures on MyWLOX.com, and you might just see yourself on TV.