SOUTH MISSISSIPPI (WLOX) - By Michelle Lady - e-mail
SOUTH MISSISSIPPI (WLOX) - Looking for some excitement, the best bull riders and bulls in the country are coming to the Harrison County Fairgrounds this weekend for Bull Madness. Bring the family out for an unforgettable show Friday or Saturday.
Join me and hundreds of others Saturday as we maneuver over challenging obstacles and lots of mud in the annual Seabee base Mud Run. If you're not interested in getting muddy come and watch, it's definitely entertaining. The run begins at 8 a.m. at the Seabee base in Gulfport.
Not in the mood for a muddy run, well lace up your shoes for the Pink Heart Funds. The organization, which provides free wigs to those with cancer, is having it's annual Run / Walk of Hope Saturday at 9 a.m. beginning at the Pass Christian Boys and Girls Club.
The Gulf Coast Koi Society invites you to take a tour of several breathtaking ponds. Also learn about water gardening, ornamental fish, how to build your own pond and more. The tours are Saturday from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. For locations call 228-217-4810.
Down in the dumps about a relationship? Well laugh the evening away with the nation's number one touring gospel play "Lord Why Do I Keep Choosing the Wrong Man." The play features several R&B and gospel legends. It's Saturday at 8 p.m. at the Coast Coliseum.
Think you can dance? Well several locals think they can and they are going to prove their skills this weekend in the Go For the Gold Dance Competition. Come out and watch your friends and neighbors compete against others in this regional competition Saturday from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. and Sunday from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. at E-Fitness.
Over 150 vendors will display their unique works of art on the beautiful grounds of the Diamondhead Country Club this weekend. Shop till you drop, enjoy great food, raffles and more at the annual arts and crafts fair. The event is Saturday from 9:30 a.m. until 5 p.m. and Sunday from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- Friday & Saturday
- Harrison County Fairgrounds
- 15321 County Farm Road, Gulfport
- For More Info Call (601) 270-4313 or (601) 270-7400
- Saturday 8a.m.
- Seabee Base
- 5510 8th Street, Gulfport
- For More Info Call (228) 871-2699
Walk of Hope
- Saturday 9a.m.
- Boys & Girls Club Qatar Center
- 220 Church St., Pass Christian
- For More Info Call (228) 234-4649
- Saturday 8a.m. - 4p.m.
- For More Info Call (228) 217-4810
- Pass Christian Tran Residence - 22226 Derrick Road
- Long Beach Heidingsfeld Residence - 211 East 3rd Street
- Bui Residence - 17094 Excalibur Circle
- Homes Residence - 1811 22nd Avenue
- Angle Residence - 15450 Ewing Street
- Brennan & Newman Residence - 2658 Broadwater Drive
- Bergeron Residence - 11301 South Pine Drive
- Cook Residence - 15609 Walter Smith Road
- Saucier Hamilton & Curry Residence - 18244 Longwood Drive
- Sandifar Residence - 14708 LeMoyne Blvd
- Floden Residence - 687 Meadow Drive
- Ocean Springs
- Harrold Residence - 4016 Dunsinane Street
- Reynolds Residence - 9208 Meadowlark Avenue
"Lord Why Do I Keep Choosing the Wrong Man"
- Saturday 8p.m.
- MS Coast Coliseum
- For More Info (800) 726-2781 or (228) 594-3700
- Saturday 9a.m. - 5p.m.
- Sunday 10a.m. - 3p.m.
- E Fitness & Wellness
- 1735 Richard Drive, Biloxi
- For More Info Call (228) 762-0304
Diamondhead Arts & Crafts Fair
- Saturday 9:30a.m. - 5p.m.
- Sunday 10a.m. - 4p.m.
- Diamondhead Country Club
- For More Info Call (228) 255-2697