Electrical short sparked car dealership fire - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

Electrical short sparked car dealership fire


GULFPORT, MS (WLOX) - We now know the cause of Sunday night's fire that destroyed parts of the Allen Hyundai complex in Gulfport. Gulfport firefighters say the blaze was caused by an electrical short in a small refrigerator in the shop area.

The fire destroyed the service department and the electrical system. Five cars in the shop were also destroyed, and there was some smoke and water damage in other parts of the building.

Despite the destruction, the dealership moved some employees to other buildings and opened for business Monday.

Copyright 2010 WLOX. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly