7 oz. portion of Tuna (Ahi sushi grade)
1 oz. seasoning mix
2 ox. shitake mushrooms
2 oz. chopped leeks
1 tsp of fresh minced ginger
1 ½ oz. white wine
1 tsp wasabi powder
1 tsp water (combine with wasabi to make paste)
1 large russet potato (peeled and cubed)
2 oz. heavy cream
1 oz. garlic (minced)
1 oz. soy sauce glaze - be sure to make an hour before cooking tuna
1 oz. olive oil plus 1 oz. olive oil
Dash of salt
Dash of pepper
- Prepare tuna by coating generously with seasoning mix, set aside.
- Bring 1 qt. of water to boil and cook the potatos until tender.
- Heat the cream in a saucepan and add garlic, allow to steep for 15 minutes.
- Drain the potatos and mash with wire wisk. Add the garlic cream, butter and wasabi paste. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 oz. of olive oil in a skillet and lightly saute the leeks and mushrooms. Add the fresh ginger. Add the white wine and cook til dry.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a skillet, when oil is hot, add the tuna and cook for approximately 45 seconds to 1 minute on each side. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Soy Sauce Glaze
1 cup light soy sauce (low sodium)
1 cup sugar
1 tsp chopped ginger