The Gulfport Rotary Club hosted its annual salute to public safety Thursday.The club recognized outstanding service among firefighters, police officers and paramedics.
The awards honored representatives from Gulfport police and fire departments, along with the Harrison County Sheriff's Department and American Medical Response.
Outstanding police explorers were also recognized. Winners received both a plaque and a cash award. The Rotary Club also donated more than $800 in scholarships for the explorer programs.
This year's honorees include:
- Gulfport Police Officer Paul Bennett
- Gulfport Firefighter Mark Ballman
- Harrison County Deputy Dianne Gatson-Riley
- Harrison County Firefighter Glenn Sellier
- AMR Paramedic Edward Friloux
- Gulfport Police Explorer Reinaldo Feliciano
- Harrison County Explorer Garrison Thompkins