By WLOX Staff
BILOXI, MS (WLOX) - This week, Biloxi City Council is also expected to approve more than $200,000 in charitable giving.
Here's a list of the 11 organizations expected to receive donations:
- LIFE $11,900
- Back Bay Mission $17,500
- Catholic Social Services $47,790
- Dusti Bonge Foundation $7,000
- Coastal Family Health $6,000
- Gulf Coast Women's Center For Non-Violence $84,000
- Meals on Wheels $29,400
- South MS Aids Task Force $24,500
- Salvation Army $28,000
- Visions of Hope $21,000
- Center For Environmental and Economic Justice $7,350
Last year, the city cut charitable giving by 30 percent. Council members say the donations are roughly the same as last year.
Ward Three's Tom Wall told WLOX Sunday, Biloxi's finances are still under strain and the city is doing what it can by way of donations.