By: WLOX Staff
JACKSON, MS (WLOX) - Southern District Public Service Commissioner Leonard Bentz announced Thursday the Mississippi Public Service Commission unanimously revoked the certificates for 53 telecommunications companies to do business in Mississippi.
"These companies failed to provide the Commission with their annual reports that detail their business activities in the state," Bentz said. "These reports allow us to protect the ratepayers of Mississippi. I cannot and will not grant certificates until these reports are provided and can be reviewed."
"By reporting necessary things such as their gross revenue, the Public Service Commission is able to keep an eye on their business practices and therefore better protect the ratepayers of Mississippi," Bentz added.
Commissioner Bentz asks all consumers who are receiving telecommunications services from any of the 53 companies should immediately notify his office at 1-800-356-6429.
The list of companies can be found on the Public Service web site. Click on Commissioner Bentz name and then 'Newsroom.' The web page is consistently updated with important Commission activities.
The Public Service Commission regulates telecommunications, electric, gas, water and sewer utilities. The Public Service Commission also regulates the No-Call List. The agency is charged with assuring that rates and charges for services are just and reasonable, that the service rendered is reasonably adequate, and that any facilities constructed or acquired are required for the convenience and necessity of the public.
Additionally, the agency exercises safety jurisdiction over gas pipelines and has area jurisdiction over all public utilities. In carrying out its responsibilities, the Commission answers complaints, conducts investigations and holds both formal and informal hearings.
Consumers who receive telecommunications services from any of these companies should contact Commissioner Leonard Bentz at 1-800-356-6429.
The following telecommunications companies have had their certificate to sell services in Mississippi revoked by the Mississippi Public Service Commission:
- ADS-Telecom, Inc.
- Lecstar Telecom, Inc.
- Airnex Communications, Inc.
- Metro Teleconnect Companies, Inc.
- Allsouth Phone Connect, Inc.
- Ntera, Inc.
- Alticomm, Inc.
- National Telecom & Broadband Services, LLC.
- Amtel Communications, Inc.
- New Horizons Communications Corp.
- Awesome Communications, Inc.
- Norstan Network Services, Inc.
- Bak Communications, Inc.
- North American Telephone Network, LLC.
- Nustar Communications Corp.
- Bealls Communication Group, Inc.
- OLS, Inc.
- Blackstone Communications Co.
- Onestar Long Distance, Inc.
- CI2, Inc.
- P & S Quick Connect, Inc.
- Com One Interactive, LLC
- Phone-Link, Inc.
- TO Competitive Communications, Inc.
- Preferred Carrier Services, Inc.
- EZ Phone, Inc.
- Premier Telecom, Inc.
- TO Cyperss Telecommunications Corp.
- Promisevision Technology, Inc.
- Dancriss Telecom, Inc.
- R2C Communications, Inc.
- Dial-Around Telecom, Inc.
- Servisense.Com, Inc.
- Seven Bridges Communications, LLC
- Dialtone and More, Inc.
- Telecents Communications, Inc.
- ECI Communications, Inc.
- Teleconex, Inc.
- Familytel of Mississippi, LLC
- Telliss, LLC
- Esodus Communications, Inc.
- Telson Communications, Inc.
- Exergy Group, LLC
- Telstar Communications, Inc.
- Freedomstarr Communications, Inc.
- The Free Network, LLC
- Gobal Communications Consulting Corp.
- Victory Communications, Inc.
- Greenville Telephone Services, Inc.
- Vox Populi Telecommunications, Inc.
- Group Long Distance, Inc.
- W2Com International, LLC
- Winstar Communications, LLC
Again, consumers who receive telecommunications services from any of these companies should contact Commissioner Leonard Bentz at 1-800-356-6429.