BILOXI, MS (WLOX) - On Monday, June 29, WLOX-TV will sign on its new digital facility to better serve South Mississippi.
That means anytime after 9am, WLOX viewers will need to rescan their digital television sets or their converter boxes to receive local news and other programming from WLOX.
The scan process is like the one that viewers were asked to do on June 12. Cable Viewers will not have to rescan any set that is hooked to cable as that process is being done by the local cable companies. Those that watch WLOX using an outside antenna, indoor antenna or rabbit ears will need to rescan as soon as possible after the upgrade that is scheduled for 9 AM this Monday, June 29, 2009.
Leon Long, WLOX's Vice President and General Manager said, "We are committed to doing whatever is necessary to make sure that all viewers in our area can see the highest quality signal today and be prepared for emergency conditions should they lose cable service. Our stronger, more powerful digital signal will allow more viewers to see their local news and weather station."
"We're excited to have the opportunity to better serve our loyal local news viewers," said Dave Vincent, WLOX Station Manager and News Director. "We'll have a stronger signal to better serve the entire community and those viewers who rescan will have the additional bonus of our WLOX 24/7 Weather channel for updated South Mississippi weather whenever they want it."
Here are a few important points to remember:
- Remember to rescan all converter boxes after 9am, Monday, June 29.
- All television sets hooked to an antenna (including outdoor, indoor, or rabbit ears) will need to rescan.
- Televisions hooked up to cable are not affected.
- However, if you have two inputs hooked to your television (one that is cable, one that is an antenna in case cable goes out due to bad weather), you will need to rescan.
- You may need to rescan your satellite box if it is hooked up to an antenna.