BILOXI, MS (WLOX) - The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency is reporting widespread damage and one death stemming from severe weather that moved through the state Saturday and Sunday.
MEMA officials say the person who died was in Jones County. No details were released on the exact cause of death. Another Jones County resident was injured. MEMA says there are reports of storm damage throughout Jones County.
There were also reports from elsewhere in the state.
- Adams County: Three homes damaged, roads blocked by debris and flooding, trees and power lines down.
- Clarke County: One home damaged, power outages, trees down, clearing roads.
- Covington County: Several homes and vehicles damaged, power lines and trees down.
- Franklin County: Ten homes and six businesses damaged, widespread power outages, trees down and roads blocked.
- Jasper County: Homes damaged, tree and power lines down in the Stringer Community and Heidelberg area
- Leake County: Four homes and one vehicle damaged. Lee: Three mobile homes damaged, trees and power lines down.
- Lincoln County: Reports of damaged homes, power lines and trees down.
- Neshoba County: Two homes damaged, sporadic power outages, roads cleared of debris.
- Simpson County: 12 homes and one church damaged.
- Smith County: One business damaged, numerous trees being removed from roads.
- Yazoo County: One home damaged, trees removed from roads.