Cinco de Mayo Celebrations
May 5th is Cinco de Mayo. Celebrate with your family by making some of these delicious dishes. (Recipe source: kraftfoods.com)
Chicken Nacho Bake
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
- ½ c. Taco Bell® Home Originals® Thick ‘n Chunky Salsa
- ¼ c. sour cream
- ½ c. crushed tortilla chips
- ½ c. Kraft Mexican Style Finely Shredded Four Cheese
Preheat oven to 400°. Place chicken on foil-covered baking sheet. Slice three cuts on top of each chicken breast with sharp knife.
Top each chicken breast evenly with salsa, sour cream and tortilla chips.
Bake 20 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle with cheese. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Layered Enchilada Bake
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 c. Taco Bell® Home Originals Thick ‘n Chunky Salsa
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained, rinsed
- ¼ c. Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing
- 2 Tbsp. Taco Bell® Home Originals® Taco Seasoning Mix
- 6 flour tortillas (8-inch)
- 1 c sour cream
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) Kraft Mexican Style Finely Shredded Four Cheese
- Heat oven to 400°.
Brown meat with onions in large skillet on medium-high heat; drain. Stir in salsa, beans, dressing and seasoning mix.
Arrange 3 tortillas on bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish. Cover with layers of half each; meat mixture, sour cream and cheese. Repeat layers. Cover with foil.
Bake 40 minutes or until casserole is heated through and cheese is melted, removing foil after 30 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting to serve.
Layered Dulce de Leche Dessert
- 40 Nilla Wafers, divided
- 2 pkg. (3.4 oz. each) Jell-O White Chocolate Flavor Instant Pudding
- 1 ¼ c. cold milk
- 1 tub (8 oz.) Cool Whip Whipped Topping, thawed
- ¼ c. caramel ice cream topping
Chop 4 wafers; set aside. Arrange 12 wafers on bottom of 9x5-inch loaf pan lined with foil.
Beat pudding mixes and milk with whisk 2 min. Add Cool Whip; spoon 1/3 over wafers in pan. Top with 12 wafers and 2 Tbsp. caramel topping. Repeat layers of pudding mixture, wafers and caramel topping. Cover with remaining pudding mixture. Sprinkle with chopped wafers; press gently into pudding mixture.
Freeze 4 hours or until firm. Lift dessert from pan, using foil handles. Place on serving plate. Let stand 15 minutes to soften slightly before serving.
Mexican Layered Dip
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) Philadelphia 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 Tbsp. Taco Bell® Home Originals® Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 c. Taco Bell® Home Originals® Thick ‘n Chunky Salsa
- 1 c. drained canned black beans, rinsed
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 c. Kraft 2% Milk Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 c. shredded lettuce
- 2 Tbsp. sliced black olives
- 3 pkg. (13 oz. each) baked tortilla chips
Beat cream cheese in medium bowl with mixer until creamy. Add seasoning mix; beat until well blended. Spread onto bottom of serving plate or 9-inch pie plate.
Top with all remaining ingredients except chips.
Refrigerate 1 hour. Serve with chips.
For more information, contact:
Nancy A. Freeman, County Director
Harrison County Extension Service