In advance of possible heavy rains Tuesday afternoon, many South Mississippi communities are making preparations.
The Jackson County Road Department is cautioning drivers about possible deteriorating road conditions on 15 well used roadways. All of these roads were flooded in recent days or have temporary repair work still in place from heavy rains. Drivers are asked to use caution around any roads with pooling or flowing water. Pay special attention to traffic signs and road workers.
- North Shore Drive (Gulf Hills)
- Humphrey Road (Vancleave)
- Soleman Road - Closed (St. Martin)
- Tanner Williams Road
- Cumbest Bluff Road - Partially Closed
- Pascagoula River Road - Partially Closed
- Cedar Creek Road
- Old Americus Road
Franklin Creek Community
- Samuel Adams Road
- Franklin Creek Road
- Forts Lake Road
- State Line Road - Closed
Orange Grove Community
- Shingle Mill Landing Road
- Old Stage Road
- Pecan Road
- Orange Grove Road
- Mirror Lake Road
Jackson County is now offering free sand bags (self serve) at the following locations:
- East Road Dept. on Hwy. 63 in Escatawpa
- Forts Lake VFD on Forts Lake Rd.
- Forts Lake VFD Substation on Orange Grove Road
- Moss Point Fire Dept. on Denny Street
- West Road Dept. on N. Washington Ave. in St. Martin
Harrison County and the Cities of Gulfport and D'Iberville are offering free sand bags (Maximum of 10 bags) at the following locations:
- Gulfport Public Works facility on Hewes Avenue (7am-3:30pm)
- Harrison County Work Center on Lorraine Road (7am-3:30pm)
- D'Iberville's city warehouse, corner of Seymour Avenue & Warrior Drive (until 7pm)
The local chapter of the Salvation Army is also preparing for possible severe weather and making assistance available to those flooded last weekend. For more details, call (228) 762-7222.
Salvation Army cases workers are going door-to-door in the St. Martin Community Tuesday to access individual needs. The Salvation Army's Pascagoula Office is providing "Clean-up Kits" and bottled water upon request for residents in need.
The Salvation Army's Pascagoula Shelter (3217 Nathan Hale Ave.) is always open. Dinner is at 5 p.m. everyday. Visitors just need to bring identification and bedding.