Most of us love pizza. Why not combine your family's love of pizza with nutritious vegetables for a quick family dinner or after school snack? Try these tasty ideas on your family. I think you'll find they will become family favorites that can be made by almost anyone, even the youngest school age child with a little help.
Veggie Snack Pizza
- 2 (8 oz.) packages refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 (8oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (1 oz.) package ranch dressing mix
- 1 tsp. dried dill weed
- 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 c. halved and thinly sliced radishes
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 c. fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a jellyroll pan with non-stick cooking spray. Pat crescent roll dough into a jellyroll pan. Let stand 5 minutes. Pierce with fork. Bake for 10 minutes, let cool. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine sour cream, cream cheese, dill weed, garlic salt and ranch dip mix. Spread this mixture on top of the cooled crust. Arrange the onion, carrot, celery, broccoli, radish, and bell pepper on top of the creamed mixture. Cover and let chill. Once chilled, cut it into squares and serve.
Sweet Onion Tomato Pizza
- 1 prebaked pizza crust
- 1 (15 oz.) can pizza sauce
- 1 large Vidalia or sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
Spread 3/4 c. pizza sauce over crust. Bake at 450° F for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onions until tender. Arrange tomato slices over pizzas. Combine cheeses; sprinkle over tomatoes. Top with onions. Bake 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Warm remaining pizza sauce; serve with pizza.
Cheesy Vegetable Pizza
- 1 (12-in.) pre-baked pizza crust
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 c. seasoned tomato sauce
- 1/2 c. sliced onion
- 1 c. fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 c. chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 c. chopped black olives
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat the oven to 350° F. Place the pizza crust on a large cookie tray or pizza pan. Brush the crust evenly with olive oil. Spread tomato sauce over it. Sprinkle vegetables evenly over the sauce, and top with cheese. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cheese has melted and is bubbly. Let cool slightly before cutting.